ILMATER, the Crying God, Lord of the Rack, the One Who Endures, the Broken God.
· Portfolio: Endurance, Suffering, Martyrdom, Perseverance.
· Clergy Titles – Generally, just “Brother” or “Sister.” No ranks are used, but “Revered” is used for senior clergy.
· Clerics of Ilmater – Per standard cleric with the Endurance Domain, as follows.
· Bonus Proficiencies – At 1st level, you gain proficiency with Herbalism Kit and Medicine, as well as all bludgeoning simple and martial weapons.
· Unarmored Defense – Clerics of Ilmater are forbidden to wear any armor or use shields or other magic that raises AC, as such reflect an unseemly desire to avoid pain and suffering. However, while wearing no armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier.
· Steeled to Suffering – You gain proficiency with Constitution saves.
· Endurance Beyond Measure – Your hit dice is 1d10, instead of 1d8. Additionally, you never need to roll HP when you reach a new level, and always receive the maximum amount of hit points (treat each roll as “10”).
· Bread of Ilmater – You may survive without food and water for a tenday per level. You are still wracked by thirst and hunger pains, but that is to be expected of the faithful.
· Channel Divinity: the Favor of Ilmater – Beginning at 2nd level, as a bonus action, you may expend one use of your Channel Divinity to grant the favor of Ilmater to one ally within 60’. Until you dispel it (a bonus action) or are knocked unconscious or slain, all damage taken by the target is taken by you instead. If you are 8th level or higher, your resistance from Armor of Ilmater (see below) applies to reduce (halve) this damage, regardless of source, but no other resistances or immunities apply.
· Channel Divinity: Endurance of Ilmater – Beginning at 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity as a bonus action to grant yourself or an ally within 60’ the Endurance of Ilmater – for the next 10 minutes, the creature receives temporary hit points equal to its normal hit point total, and Advantage on all saving throws.
· Armor of Ilmater – Beginning at 8th level, you gain Resistance to all non-magical piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage. At 14th level, you gain Resistance to all damage, regardless of type.
· Lay Down Your Burden – At 17th level, as a reaction, you may use one use of Channel Divinity to cause an enemy within 60’ to take damage equal to the total amount of damage you have just taken from the most recent attack that hurt you (e.g., if you just took 80 hp damage, the enemy takes 80 hp). No save or resistance may reduce this attack. You cannot use this power again until after you take a long rest.
Endurance Domain Spells:
Level 1: Cure Wounds, Compelled Duel
Level 3: Lesser Restoration, Prayer of Healing
Level 5: Aura of Vitality, Revivify
Level 7: Death Ward, Guardian of Faith
Level 9: Greater Restoration, Mass Cure Wounds
LEIRA, the Lady of Mists, Mother of Illusion, Guardian of Liars, the Mistshadow.
· Portfolio: Deception, Lies, Misperception, Illusion.
· Clergy Titles – Generally “Mistcallers.” Formal Ranks: Unknown, no two Leiran priests have provided the same answer.
· Clerics of Leira – Per standard cleric with the Deception Domain, per below:
· Weapons & Armor – You are proficient in Light and Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons, and three Martial Weapons of your choosing.
· Bonus Proficiencies – You are proficient in the Deception and Sleight of Hand skills, as well as Thieves’ Tools, Forgery Kit, and Disguise Kit. You may also communicate using Thieves’ Cant, as a Rogue.
· Trickery Before Wisdom – You use Charisma, instead of Wisdom, to determine your spell attack bonus and saving throw DC.
· Deceptive Cantrips – When choosing your cantrips, in addition to the cantrips on the cleric spell list, you may choose any of the following: Friends, Minor Illusion, or Prestidigitation.
· Forbidden Divinations – Clerics of Leira are forbidden from casting any spell that reveals (or causes to be revealed) the truth or hidden things. Thus, the following spells are removed from their spell lists: Any Divination spell, including any Detect spells, Augury, Find Traps, any Locate spell, Zone of Truth, Clairvoyance, Speak with Dead, Divination, Commune, Legend Lore, Scrying, Find the Path, True Seeing, etc.
· Mastery of Mists – Whenever you cast the spell Fog Cloud, the area of effect is treated as if you cast the spell at 3 levels higher. Thus, when you use a first level slot to cast it, the area of effect is area of effect is a 60’ radius, instead of a 20’ radius.
· Masters of Illusion – In place of Divination spells, clerics of Leira are versed in a wide variety of illusions and deceptive spells, listed in their Domain spells, and all are treated as prepared anytime, like normal Domain spells.
· Immune to Divination – Beginning at 2nd level, you are constantly cloaked in a Nondetection spell (PHB, pg. 263). You automatically sense when you are targeted with any Divination magic. Additionally, any attempts to read your mind, or detect your alignment, to tell whether you are speaking the truth, or scry upon your activities appear to work as normal, but actually reveal whatever result you wish.
· Undead Turning – You turn undead as per a normal cleric, but must use a holy symbol (and exhortations to a god) other than Leira.
· Channel Divinity: Invoke Duplicity – Beginning at 2nd level, you may expend one use your Channel Divinity to create an illusionary duplicate of yourself, per PHB pg. 63.
· Channel Divinity: Monstrous Illusion – Beginning at 6th level, you may expend one use of your Channel Divinity to mask yourself in a hideous illusion straight out of the nightmares of any viewer similar to the spell Phantasmal Killer. Anyone who starts their turn within 30’ of you – even allies – must make a Wisdom saving throw or become frightened of you that round (they have Disadvantage on all ability checks and attack rolls, and cannot move closer to you) and also take 4d10 psychic damage. The illusion ends after 1 minute or whenever you dismiss it (a bonus action).
· Live the Lie – Beginning at 8th level, you can permanently change your appearance (height, weight, eye, hair, and skin color, and features) and the sound of your voice to whatever you like. Your game stats do not change, and you remain the same race (although you could transform yourself into the believable mimicry of a race within 1 or 2 feet of your size (such as an elf, half-elf, dwarf, orc, etc.). You can transform yourself into the likeness of a specific individual you have examined closely, and you gain Advantage on any Deception check to impersonate that person while transformed into their likeness. This transformation must be decided upon before you sleep, and the transformation is complete when you awake 8 hours later. You may transform in this way once per tenday—but may never return to your original likeness, which is lost forever.
· Believable Illusions – At 17th level, as a reaction, you may use one use of Channel Divinity to cause an enemy to suffer Disadvantage against all spells of the Illusion school. This effect lasts for one minute, or until the target succeeds on a saving throw against one of your spells, whichever comes first.
Deception Domain Spells:
Level 1: Charm Person, Disguise Self, Fog Cloud, Illusionary Script, Silent Image.
Level 3: Invisibility, Misty Step, Nystul's Magic Aura, Phantasmal Force, Suggestion.
Level 5: Fear, Gaseous Form, Hypnotic Pattern, Major Image, Nondetection.
Level 7: Confusion, Greater Invisibility, Hallucinatory Terrain, Phantasmal Killer.
Level 9: Creation, Mislead, Modify Memory, Seeming.
MALAR, the Beastlord, Lord of Beasts, the Black Stalker, the Render, the Ravager.
· Portfolio: Hunters, Savagery, Marauding Beasts, Bloodshed, Bloodlust, Evil Lycanthropes, Stalking.
· Clergy Titles – Generally, “Slayer,” “Huntlord” or “Talon.” Formal Ranks: Brother/Sister X (the most powerful creature slain only with a dagger, claws, or bare hands), Huntmaster.
· Clerics of Malar – Per standard cleric with the Savagery Domain, per below:
· Weapons & Armor – You are proficient in Light and Medium armors, shields, and all weapons, including the Claws of Malar (metal weapons gripped in the fists that resemble brass knuckles studded with a row of spikes like lion claws – they are light, finesse weapons that do 1d6 piercing damage). The Claws of Malar can be used as a holy symbol when casting spells.
· Bonus Proficiencies – You are proficient in the Survival and Nature skills.
· Spellcasting – You may choose your spells (including starting cantrips) from the normal cleric spell list, as well as from the Druid and Ranger lists.
· Claws of Malar – When employing the sacred Claws of Malar in both hands, clerics of Malar can add their Strength or Dexterity ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.
· Swift Stalker – At 2nd level, your movement increases by 10’ as long as you are not wearing heavy armor.
· Undead Turning – You turn undead as per a normal cleric.
· Channel Divinity: Brutal Slayer – Beginning at 2nd level, when you hit a foe who is already wounded with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one use of your channel divinity as a reaction to deal +2d8 damage.
· Rage – Starting at 2nd level, once per long rest, you may rage like a Barbarian for one minute. Entering a rage is a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits:
o +2 melee damage;
o Advantage on Strength saves and checks;
o Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
· Channel Divinity: Relentless Tracker – Beginning at 6th Level, you can use your Channel Divinity to unerringly track any creature you have personally wounded in the last month. For the next eight hours, you always know which direction the target is located, and roughly its distance from you.
· Focused Anger – At 8th level, you gain Advantage on saving throws against charm or fear effects.
· Malar’s Hunger – At 17th level, when you make a melee attack while raging, you gain a free second melee attack as well.
Savagery Domain Spells:
Level 1: Longstrider, Hunter's Mark.
Level 3: Darkvision, Pass Without Trace.
Level 5: Clairvoyance, Fear.
Level 7: Freedom of Movement, Locate Creature.
Level 9: Commune with Nature, Tree Stride.