BANE, the Black Lord, the Black Hand, the Lord of Darkness, the Dark One.
· Portfolio: Strife, Hatred, Tyranny.
· Clergy Titles – Generally, “Dread Brother/Sister” or Dreadmaster.” Formal Ranks: Wretched Slave (before 1st level), Watchful Brother/Sister*, Deadly Adept, Trusted Servant, Willing Whip, Hooded Menace, Black Fang, Striking Hand, Vigilant Talon, Masked Death, Dark Doom, Higher Doom, Deep Mystery, with higher ranks including Imperceptor, Dark Imperceptor, Grand Bloodletter, High Inquisitor, and High Imperceptor.
· Clerics of Bane – Per standard cleric with the Tyranny Domain, per the following:
· Bonus Proficiencies – At 1st level, you gain proficiency in heavy armor, as well as proficiency in the following martial weapons: Flail, Morningstar, Warhammer, and Whip. You also gain proficiency in the Intimidation and Persuasion skills.
· Channel Divinity: Command Undead – Dreadmasters can turn or command undead. Beginning at 2nd level, as an action, you may expend one use of Channel Divinity and force all undead within 30’ that you can see to make a Charisma saving throw vs. your spell save DC or become friendly and obey commands. Intelligent undead (8 or higher) receive Advantage on the saving throw and, if it has Intelligence 12 or higher, it receives a new save after each hour of control. If more than one cleric is vying for control over the same undead, a contested Spell Attack roll (Wisdom modifier + Proficiency bonus) determines who maintains or gains control. The maximum number of undead you may have under your command at any time is 3 x your level.
· Channel Divinity: Domination – Beginning at 2nd level, as a free action, you may expend one use of your Channel Divinity to grant a single foe Disadvantage on a Wisdom saving throw against one of your spells. This penalty does not apply to successive attempts to save and end the spell effect.
· Channel Divinity: Aura of Fear – Beginning at 6th level, you can use your Channel Divinity to force all creatures within 30’ of you to make a Wisdom save or become frightened of you. Alternatively, you may target a single creature within 30’ of you, in which case the target makes it saving throw with Disadvantage. Either way, targets may repeat their save (without Disadvantage) at the end of each of their turns until successful.
· Divine Strike – Beginning at 8th level, once per turn when you strike a foe with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage of the same type dealt by the weapon. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
· Iron Will – Beginning at 17th level, you gain Advantage on all Wisdom saving throws.
Tyranny Domain Spells1st Level: Command, Wrathful Smite
3rd Level: Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
5th Level: Bestow Curse, Fear
7th Level: Banishment, Freedom of Movement
9th Level: Black Hand (treat as Bigby's Hand), Hold Monster
BESHABA, the Maid of Misfortune, Black Bess, Lady Doom, the Maid of Misrule.
· Portfolio: Bad Luck, Random Mischief, Misfortune, Accidents.
· Clergy Titles – Generally, “Doommaster” or “Brother/Sister Misfortune.” Formal Ranks: Bewildered Brother/Sister*, Unfortunate, Finger of Fear, Hand of Strife, Higher Hand of Strife, Hand of Gloom, Higher Hand of Gloom, Hand of Horror, Higher Hand of Horror, Hand of Despair, Higher Hand of Despair, Mistress/Master of Dread, and Nails of the Lady.
· Clerics of Beshaba – Per standard cleric with the Misfortune Domain, per below:
· Weapon & Armor Proficiencies – Light and Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons.
· Bonus Proficiencies – At 1st Level you gain Proficiency in Gaming Sets.
· Accustomed to Danger – At 1st level you gain Proficiency in Dexterity Saving Throws.
· Additional Cantrip Options – The cantrips Acid Splash, Blade Ward, Minor Illusion, Poison Spray, Shocking Grasp, and True Strike are treated as cleric cantrips for you – you may select one or more of them in the place of your normal cantrips at 1st level.
· Misplaced Fumbles – Whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack or save, you may reroll. Once in the next day, the DM will impose your 1 on an ally or fellow PC in the place of their roll.
· Channel Divinity: Bane of Beshaba – Beginning at 2nd Level, you can use your Channel Divinity as a reaction to force an enemy within 60’ to reroll any single 1d20 roll (attack, save, etc.), and take the lower roll. This decision must be made immediately, before the DM applies the result of the roll.
· Channel Divinity: Misfortune – Beginning at 6th level, as a bonus action, you can expend one use of your Channel Divinity as a reaction to impose Disadvantage on a single enemy on all 1d20 rolls (attacks, saves, skill and ability checks) until the start of your next turn; enemies targeting the recipient gain Advantage on their attacks until your next turn.
· Beshaba’s Favor – At 8th level, any enemy rolling a critical hit or natural 20 against you must reroll the attack. A second 20 is treated as a natural 1.
· Disasters Abound – At 17th level, as a bonus action you may call upon Beshaba to curse one enemy within 60’. For one round, until the start of the next turn, all attacks by the enemy are treated as natural 1’s, all spells and powers used by the enemy inexplicably fail, and the enemy automatically fails all saving throws, skill, and ability checks (again treated as natural 1’s). Anyone attacking the enemy during this round gains Advantage, and any hits are treated as critical hits. You cannot use this power again until after you take a long rest.
Misfortune Domain Spells:
1st Level: Grease, Dissonant Whispers
3rd Level: Crown of Madness, Invisibility
5th Level: Bestow Curse, Slow
7th Level: Confusion, Dimension Door
9th Level: Geas, Modify Memory